I have previously written a list of 20 of the best Fashion tips and tricks. (if you haven’t seen it you can read it here.) This time, I wanted to look up the Best Beauty Tips to share with you all. Ones that have been tried and tested. Hope they come in useful to you!
1. Use Vaseline for multi-use – Softly rub Vaseline all over your perfume points before applying fragrance and your scent will last longer. Use it on your eyelashes to help them grow. Rub on feet to soothe cracked heels or even to protected your skin while you are dying your hair. Vaseline is so cheap and has so many uses. You would be mad not to have a tub in your bathroom!
2. Shave With Conditioner – If you’re out of shaving cream, lather your legs with conditioner. Conditioner is great because it will soften the hair on your legs making it easier to shave and your skin is left feeling extra silky. It’s a win-win situation!
3. D-Puff Your Eyes With Raw Potatoes – Using raw potato slices is a great way to soothe your eyes. They are astringent which means they help decrease water retention and they also contain the enzyme catalase which helps lighten dark under eye circles. Just wash and peel a potato. Cut a slice for each eye for and relax for 10 minutes. Rinse your face after you are done. If you are a bit freaked out by this, a teabag works too!
4. Contouring Creates Dimension – Take a lesson from the Queen of contouring Kim Kardashian, she has mastered the trick to achieving a chiselled face. I always say the foundation is your base when putting on your face, the contouring shows the dimension by shadowing areas to emphasise others. eg “Cheek Bones.” I use the “SOSU Contour Palette” daily. I love it.
5. Tame Your Brows Easily – Grab a clean mascara wand or a small toothbrush and spray a small amount of hairspray then brush brows and style them as desired. This achieves a natural look and also tames those strays!
6. Toothpaste For Spots – As hard as it is not to pop a spot, try popping a small amount of toothpaste to a spot just before bed. In the morning wash it off with warm water. Toothpaste removes the impurities in clogged pores and dries the skin with shrinks the spot. Gel toothpaste doesn’t work as well as some organic toothpaste.
7. Create Fuller Lips – Are you sick of seeing luscious lips everywhere? You’re tired of not having those Kylie Jenner lips. Don’t worry, you can create the illusion of fuller lips by extending your lip line using a neutral-toned lip liner. I really recommend the ‘MUD – Natural Lip Liner‘ found in Flair beauty or online. Be careful you don’t over do it. It’s easy to go over the top. Remember, less is more. 👄
8. Protect Your Nails – Use PVA or Vaseline around the skin beside your nails. By doing this it is very easy to remove the excess polish once it is dry.
9. Know Your Shade – When choosing a foundation, always test a product on the skin close to your jawline. Find your shade under natural light. Natural light is the best way to ensure the foundation tone you choose for your face isn’t too different from the natural shade of your neck. ALWAYS blend your foundation down your neck!
10. Clean Your Makeup Brushes Often – Make-up brushes can build up a lot of bacteria and makeup residue after a few uses. Be sure you clean your makeup brushes regularly to avoid a bad skin breakout. You can buy brush cleaner in many shops, but I honestly think Johnston & Johnston baby shampoo is the best thing to use. I try to wash mine once a week. 🖌
11. Invest in a BB Cream – “BB creams are promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturiser, primer, foundation and sunblock.“ It can be worn alone as a tinted moisturiser, over serum and moisturiser as a regular foundation. You can apply depending on the desired amount of coverage and finish with a powder.
12. Keep Your Eyes Open When Applying Liquid Liner — This is one of the handiest tricks I learnt when I studied makeup. Using eyeliner with your eyes close will make the line will look uneven once you open. I usually start in the middle and work my way out and then do the inner corner.
13. Keep Your Eye Shadow from Creasing – Oily lids will create a crease in eyeshadow/liner. Eliminate as much oil as possible from your lids by using an eye shadow base or pressed powder before applying colour. This will also make the colour of the eyeshadow become more vibrant.
14. Olive Oil is a Great Cure for all Things Dry – Olive oil is also a great way to remove waterproof mascara. Put a few drops on a cotton ball and smooth over closed eyes. This is a handy trick for removing the glue stuck in your eyelashes from false lashes.
15. DRINK MORE WATER – Your skin, hair and nails will all thank you after. I promise.
16. Mix Moisturizer And Bronzer – “A shimmery bronzer is the perfect way to look alive. If you don’t want to wear makeup, mix some with moisturiser. You’ll look pretty but not made-up.”-Eva Mendes
17. Invest in a Good Eye Concealer & Cream – “A good eye cream is really important when you are travelling, busy and stressed that’s when the dark puffy circles can get you.“-Kate Winslet
18. Use The Make Up Brush Lightly – “My best beauty secret is simple: Have the right palette and the right colours and remember, you need so much less makeup than you think.“-Jessalyn Gilsig
19. I am a Loyal Clarins Fan – Their “Pure Melt Cleansing Gel” has been my makeup remover for about 4 years now. I love it – I would never choose another makeup remover. It works so well with my skin and has marula oil and orange extract so my face always feels and smells amazing!
20. Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream – Works for absolutely EVERYTHING. Enough said!
I hope you enjoyed reading these beauty tips. Have you tried any of these before or do you have any good tricks I don’t have on this that you want to add? Let me know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to like share & subscribe to my blog!
Lots of love 💋
Jade Autumn xx